As-Salaamu-Alaikum I'm Marriam Essa-Sayed, a proudly South African Muslim. "Foodeva Marsay" is my 'Lifestyle Blog', with which I "Aspire to Inspire" for the pleasure of my Creator above. A simple to understand blog which entails a fusion of my many passions in life. You will find "Foodeva Marsay" dotted with my inspiring recipes , as well as some of my Travels, Reviews and Photography. I look forward to, and appreciate, any feedback. I can be reached on the contact details provided or via the social media link ups to me. Keep Smiling ?Marriam Essa-Sayed?
I’m sure we all had those moments when Mum would say ⬇….
Though we pursed our lips shut, we somehow didn’t need to be told twice. These days Mum’s take a whole new way to get their kids to eat veggies, blending them into kids favourite meals, maybe a smoothie, but this picture below depicts the sad reality in many homes these days, a threat like that from Mum is the only way lots of kids understand😟😟😟
Well I do hope none of my readers have had to go to this lengths to ensure Veggies are eaten at the dinner table. Today I bring to you an age old favourite at many Dinner Tables ; Carrots
Give this rather easy, NO ROCKET-SCIENCE Sautėd Carrots recipe of mine a try, it is Crunchy and Colourful with a hint of sweet and tangy.
💕 Foodeva Marsay 💕
3-4 Carrots, sliced Diagonally
2-3 Tablespoon Water
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil/Vegetable Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
Salt and Black Pepper to season
Sprinkle of Dried Rosemary (optional )
● As soon as the water evaporates, approximately 2-3 minutes, add the seasoning and rest of the ingredients.
● Allow the carrots to brown slightly but still maintaining a crunch.
● Serve immediately with your favourite Meal.
○ Any type of Carrots may be used.
○ Flavour with a herb that may complement your dish being served, generally Rosemary works well with these sautèd carrots, and may also be left out with just salt and pepper used as seasoning.
○ Recipe can be Doubled or Tripled👍.
💕 Foodeva Marsay 💕