I’m Marriam Essa-Sayed, a proudly South African Muslim.
“Foodeva Marsay” is my ‘Lifestyle Blog’, with which I “Aspire to Inspire” for the pleasure of my Creator above. A simple to understand blog which entails a fusion of my many passions in life.
You will find “Foodeva Marsay” dotted with my inspiring recipes , as well as some of my Travels, Reviews and Photography.
I look forward to, and appreciate, any feedback. I can be reached on the contact details provided or via the social media link ups to me.
‘Rome wasn’t built in a day!!!’ …
Who doesn’t know this age old adage… an expression attesting to the need for time to create great things.
Now I have had the opportunity to go see for myself, why this expression holds so true.
With just a couple of days in Roma ( Rome, As referred by the Locals), we unfortunately did not have enough time to properly explore the numerous tourist attractions in this city. With this post, I hope to enlighten you with what to expect when you decide to go to Rome, as your next holiday destination.
Rome is the capital of Italy and of the Lazio region. With approximately 2.9 million residents in 1,285 km2, it is also the country’s largest and most populated comune and fourth-most populous city in the European Union by population within city limits (Via Wikipedia).
What to Expect in Rome …
- With Rome being one of the most populated city, expect to see lots of locals, and with added tourists, it can become very busy.
- If nobody has told you yet, Then Know that the rooms and bathrooms, even in very modern hotels, are relatively smaller, not just in Rome but in all of Italy actually. Have that in the back of your mind to avoid being unpleasantly surprised upon check-in.
- There will be lots of walking…so if you have elderly members of your family along with you, it is something to consider. take along very comfy walking shoes.
- If like me you are strapped for time, do consider hopping onto one of the Red Bus tour buses, it has stops at most of the Tourist attractions, and is a great way to see parts of the city, you may miss.
- Ooooh and Ladies, Do not think YOUR ROMEO has finally made an appearance, when a total stranger hands you a bunch of roses on the streets, the roses are NOT FREE. It seems all of Rome is plagued with immigrants trying to make a small living in this manner.
With that said, Rome is in all sense Beautiful, an ancient city steeped in history. This is just part one of my posts on Rome, do look out for future posts on other attractions that I managed to go explore. I will not follow other travel blog flows and tell you what to go see, but I do hope by looking at some of the stuff I have seen, it helps to inspire you to go discover and explore this city, and make your own memories. The pictures that follow were clicked on the 2 days we were in Rome, nothing of particular importance, but hoping to bring you the essence of Rome..”Through My Lenses”
Travel with Me and ENJOY the ‘visual’ tour of the Roads Of Rome.
Did You enjoy this Post? Do leave me your feedback/comments, and share on this link to your social media platforms.