As-Salaamu-Alaikum I'm Marriam Essa-Sayed, a proudly South African Muslim. "Foodeva Marsay" is my 'Lifestyle Blog', with which I "Aspire to Inspire" for the pleasure of my Creator above. A simple to understand blog which entails a fusion of my many passions in life. You will find "Foodeva Marsay" dotted with my inspiring recipes , as well as some of my Travels, Reviews and Photography. I look forward to, and appreciate, any feedback. I can be reached on the contact details provided or via the social media link ups to me. Keep Smiling ?Marriam Essa-Sayed?
A simple to prepare, PastaritO inspired, pasta dish, this Broccoli, Mushroom and Chicken pasta, is lightly flavoured and creamy and can be enjoyed anytime of the year.
With some hectic weather conditions experienced across South Africa in the last few day, along with some extremely icy cold conditions, reaching for some Comfort Food was probably on a lot of people minds. I know I did need such a comfort food, with this pasta dish. A bowl of this Hot and Creamy goodness was perfect to warm the soul.
This dish was inspired by one of my favourite restaurants back in Bahrain at the City Centre Mall, called PastaritO, an Italian/Mediterranean restaurant, that served some rather interesting dishes. For me this would always be what I choose off their menu. Now back home in South Africa, I simply had to give this one a try. Now this isn’t by any means a “PastaritO” recipe, but MY ADAPTATION to the dish I so enjoyed. I do hope you give this one a try, and read through some of my notes at the end.
As I sit back and enjoy this Yummy pasta dish?, yeah there is enough for Lunch too the next day, fondly remembering some wonderful memories of my time in Bahrain.
Happy Cooking Lovelies
PastaritO Broccoli, Mushroom and Chicken Pasta
Author : Foodeva Marsay (@foodeva_marsay)
500 grams Chicken Fillets, sliced into thin strips
2 teaspoon Crushed/Minced Garlic
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Paprika spice
1/2 teaspoon Chicken Spice (any brand)
1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper seasoning
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
2 Cups chopped Broccoli Florets
1 Cup Button Mushrooms, thickly sliced
250ml Fresh Cream + another 200ml Extra Fresh Cream
Olive Oil and Butter (amounts at different stages in Method)
2-3 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese (finely grated)
2 Tablespoon Fresh Dill finely chopped + extra for garnishing
250 gram Penne Pasta (prepared as per pack instructions)
✅ Marinate the sliced Chicken fillets with all the spices mentioned above.
✅ Heat a large enough pan and add 1/3 Cup Olive Oil + 1 Tablespoon Butter, and add the Chicken Fillets and allow to brown slightly, if there is still moisture in pan, lower stove heat and allow the chicken to cook through and brown for +/- 15 minutes. Do Not add any liquid, lower heat and allow natural juices from chicken to evaporate.
✅ While the chicken is cooking and browning, prepare the Vegetables. To a separate Pan add 2 tablespoons Olive oil and 1 tablespoon Butter, Stir fry by adding the mushrooms and broccoli and allow to cook through slightly, whilst still holding a bit of crunch to the broccoli. season lightly with salt. This should take about 5 minutes.
✅ Prepare the pasta as per packet instructions, drain off water reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
✅ All that is left to do now, is toss all together, To the cooked/browned chicken whilst the stove heat is still on medium/low, add the Broccoli and Mushrooms, Add the 250ml Fresh Cream, and the prepared pasta.
✅ Add about 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and 1/2 of the extra fresh cream , and mix through well. Taste and Adjust Salt, now add in the chopped Fresh Dill and the Parmesan Cheese and toss through.
✅ If the pasta dish is becoming too thick, simply add a little more of the reserved pasta water and more of the extra fresh cream in ingredients, switch off the stove and Serve.
✅ Best Enjoyed Served Hot, Immediately after preparation. Garnish with more chopped Dill, Parmesan and crushed black pepper.
✅ Buon Appetito !!!
NOTES BY FOODEVA MARSAY
- Vegetable Amounts may be adjusted to suit your family needs.
- For a carb free alternative, this dish works just as good, simply do not add any pasta, and if your diet allows you to have fresh cream, add and enjoy. Would be perfect as well for a regular stir fry option, without the added cream.
- Any type of Broccoli, even the young tender shoots, work perfectly for this dish, same applies for trying different types of mushrooms.
- ANY TYPE OS PASTA MAY BE USED, simple adjust amounts depending on the type you choose.
- If you serving this dish a little later than when was prepared, gently reheat, and add any of the pasta water reserved, and you can also add the extra fresh cream mentioned in ingredients. You could add all of the cream if you so please.
- this isn’t suppose to be a spicy dish, it has more subtle flavours coming through from the spices and herbs, however if you prefer, add a little chopped chillies just before finishing off, or simply a dash of Tabasco sauce at time of serving. Best to allow each to add Tabasco/chillie sauce according to their preference.
*KINDLY SHARE MY RECIPES AS POSTED OR WTH A LINK BACK TO FOODEVA MARSAY, SHUKRAN/THANK YOU?*