As-Salaamu-Alaikum I'm Marriam Essa-Sayed, a proudly South African Muslimah. "Foodeva Marsay" is my Lifestyle/Food Blog, with which I "Aspire to Inspire" for the pleasure of my Creator above. A simple to understand blog which entails a fusion of my many passions in life. You will find "Foodeva Marsay" dotted with my inspiring recipes , as well as some of my Travels, Reviews and Photography. I look forward to, and appreciate, any feedback. I can be reached on the contact details provided or via the social media link ups to me. Keep Smiling Marriam Essa-Sayed
If you have missed out on some of my blog posts this year, no worries, take a look at these 12 best performing blog posts, on Foodeva Marsay.
It is often said…. THE ONLY TIME YOU SHOULD EVER LOOK BACK, IS TO SEE HOW FAR YOU HAVE COME. And today I am in awe when I look back at this years Statistics for my Foodeva Marsay Blog. With some 4 years of blogging under my belt, and with almost 2 years with a revamped Blog look, I can now happily agree with that quote. I am grateful for how far I have come with this blog, and I can see the fruits of my hard work paying off, and indeed, all thanks to all of you, MY LOVELY READERS.
There are some posts that have unbelievable stats, and some that are probably still ‘lost’ to readers. I hope that my new and improved blog layout has helped you better search for and enjoy my various blog posts. So, without further delay, DO TAKE A LOOK AT THE COLLAGE OF THE 12 BEST PERFORMING POSTS FOR 2017 ON FOODEVA MARSAY, AND FURTHER DOWN, EACH ONE WITH A LINK BACK TO THE ORIGINAL POSTS?.
ONCE AGAIN, THANK YOU STACKS, FOR BEING SUCH WONDERFUL READERS AND FANS, THAT HELP ME IMPROVE AND BETTER MY NEXT POST. THANK YOU ALSO, TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE DROPPED ME MESSAGES AND PICTURES OF STUFF THEY TRIED OUT FROM THE BLOG POSTS, I TRULY AM HUMBLED AND GRATEFUL, FOR ALL YOUR FEEDBACK.
Here’s hoping that 2017 has been kind to you, like it has been for me, and I look forward to having you join me again in 2018, with more exciting blog posts to inspire and enrich your everyday life. PLEASE DO REMEMBER TO HIT THE “SUBSCRIBE” BUTTON AND JOIN MY EMAILING LIST, TO RECEIVE NOTIFICATIONS ON MY NEWEST POSTS AS THEY GO LIVE.
NOW SIT BACK…AND ENJOY THIS 12 BEST PERFORMING BLOG POSTS, DON’T FORGET TO BOOKMARK THESE BLOG POSTS, SO YOU CAN ALWAYS REFER BACK TO THEM.
Happy Holidays, wherever you are, be safe and keep on sharing your beautiful smile.
*KINDLY NOTE, PLEASE DO NOT ADD ANY OF THESE BLOG POSTS/RECIPES ONTO INSTAGRAM, UNTIL I HAVE PERSONALLY SHARED THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS . DO PLEASE INSTEAD LINK BACK TO SPECIFIC BLOG POSTS.*
HERE ARE THE LINK BACKS TO THE 12 BEST PERFORMING BLOG POSTS FOR 2107 ON FOODEVA MARSAY…
- With +2.3K views and visits, this DIY/LIFE HACK blog post, emerged the winner with you my readers… holiday season call for more dishwashing liquids, so head on over and try this one out. HOW TO DOUBLE THE VOLUME OF YOUR DISHWASHING LIQUID
2. In a Close 2nd position, this “Golden Oldie” blog post with updated pictures, but with the original TUTORIAL pics still in-tact, dates back to a post I did in 2013. DID YOU KNOW… this blog post had been my 1st step by step tutorial? Shortbread is one of my ‘family favourite’ and this recipe dates back many decades. Keep those cookie jars topped up this holiday season, with these 4 INGREDIENTS – Easy Shortbread
3. Another DIY with a step by step tutorial that I shared this year, was for Beginners. Now we all need to add a little colour sometimes to our sweetmeats, or bakes, and the perfect topping of choice is usually Coloured Almonds. If you haven’t tried making your own coloured almonds yet, well then Now is the perfect time to practice this DIY … HOW TO PREPARE COLOURED ALMONDS
4. This EASY MALIDA recipe, is another from the Marsay Family Favourite archives, blogged back in 2014. So glad it is still performing awesomely in 2017.
5. This next blog post proves that ‘thinking out of the box’, does benefit. I remember when I had made these ALOO CHEESE PASTRY PARATHA , it had been the most talked about on most of my social media platforms. If you haven’t tried this yet…”What Are You Waiting For???”. So now the next time you hear about the aloo cheese pastry paratha, know that FOODEVA MARSAY was the 1st to bring this inspiration to you??
6. Ever fancied serving a great Asian Inspired Dish to your family or guests, but are to afraid to try? Then this recipe for BA-MEE-PRIK-PHAO (CHICKEN, CHILLI PASTE AND CASHEW NUTS NOODLES), is a perfect option to try.
7. This Traditional, yet Simple and Delicious Batter, is crispy and bursting with flavour. A perfect way to add a different take to your regular Fish Meal on your menu planner. What am I referring too, none other than a TRADITIONAL SOUTH AFRICAN BATTERED FISH . Have you tried this?
8. Sweetmeats/sweet dishes, are always a rage on every South African Indian’s homes, most especially during festive days. Silky smooth, with an almost satiny finish, this QUICK AND EASY PISTACHIO BURFEE recipe is most definitely one for your books.
9. This NAAN FLATBREAD , is an yeast-free version, that is Super Soft, Chewy and Easy to prepare on your stovetop. Perfect for Grills, Roast or Curries. Bring a little bit of your Favourite Indian restaurant, to your tables.
10. This is my go to recipe for a TANGY AND SPICY PRAWNS . A seafood dish, that is easy to prepare and bursting with Indian flavours. This has been one of my most recent posts on Foodeva Marsay, and has been performing amazingly already. Let’s see if this blog post makes the top 12 for 2018 too?.
11. ANOTHER OF MARSAY FAMILY FAVOURITES, This EASY COCONUT OR KOPRA PAAK , Is just one of many, ‘South African Indian’s ‘, favourite among the array of sweetmeats. If you haven’t as yet attempted making Sweetmeats (Mithai), this is one of the simplest and delicious sweet treat to begin with.
12. A simple vanilla sponge cake recipe, that every baker should have in their recipe file. Easy to whisk up, this soft, moist vanilla sponge cake will soon be your family favourite too. Take this Simple Sponge to the next level of yumminess. Give this SIMPLE VANILLA SPONGE CAKE TOPPED WITH CUSTARD a try, and wow your family and friends.
AND THAT MY FRIEND’S… IS A WRAP. THAT WAS FOODEVA MARSAY’S 12 BEST PERFORMING POSTS FOR 2017. Do drop me a comment and let me know your thoughts. HAVE YOU TRIED ANY OF THE ABOVE IDEAS/RECIPES ???