This Harissa and Mint Lamb Chops, is easy to make, packed with North African Flavours, and will soon be a favourite dish in your home too.
North Africa is such a vibrant part of the World. This vibrancy shows in the flavours that are used in their food. My Habibi and I have visited Egypt already, but the rest of North Africa is still high on our travel bucket list. In Egypt, we left a piece of hearts, so I am hoping the rest of North Africa has similar vibes. One day, In she Allah, May we all get to travel to different parts of our beautiful World, (AMEEN).
But, until we can travel to these destinations, there is always a way to already experience some of the food vibes from afar. Take this Harissa and Mint Grilled Lamb Chops for one. This is so simple to make, a mere marination of spices and grilling. I love when Life can be made a wee bit easier, don’t you? There are a variety of harissa paste options these days to choose from, in our South African stores, and having a jar in your pantry/fridge, does save time when you in a hurry.
The Harissa paste that I have used here, is from MRS P’s Masala. I have used other spices from this South African Home Industry, with much appreciation for their quality and flavourful products. The Harissa Paste, is another great product from their range, and it is bursting with delicious warm North African flavour profiles. I especially love that the flavours, in the harissa paste marinade, are not lost after preparing the meal.
Head over to their Mrs P’s Website , where you too can shop for some of their products online, or check where your nearest South African Stockists are.
Now let’s get those aprons out, and start cooking this easy meal!
HAPPY ‘GRILLING’ LOVELIES
Harissa and Mint Grilled Lamb Chops
- 8-10 Lamb Chops
- 1 teaspoon Ginger and Garlic paste (or red garlic masala paste) optional (if harissa paste has it included.)
- 1-2 Tablespoon Harissa Paste
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ Cup Plain Yoghurt or Sour Milk (South Africa)
- 5-6 Fresh Mint Leaves, Snipped/Chopped
- 2-4 Tablespoon Olive Oil/Ghee/Butter
- Wash and Drain the Lamb Chops
- Add the ginger/garlic paste and coat the chops. (If using)
- Marinate the chops using the rest of the Ingredients, and let it marinate for a minimum of 10 minutes or longer.
- PERFECT FOR GRILLING IN THE OVEN, AIRFRYER, BRAAI OR PAN FRY.
(AIRFRYER: Temperature >195 degrees Celsius, for 8 minutes, Flip Chops over, and Airfry for a further 6-8 minutes, or until done to your preference.)
- Serve Hot with a Mint and Coriander Yoghurt, lemon wedges and a scattering of Pomegranate Arils.