Call them Pancakes, Crepes, OR Cheela (Indian), this has always been a part of my fondest memories growing up.
A delicious Sweet-Treat, my mum would prepare for us every alternate Sunday mornings. Back in those days, my mum, like many other mums, never bothered to add any fillings to her already well sweetened pancakes, and those types of pancakes are still by far my most Favourite ones??.
Today I share with you a standard Pancake Recipe, that maybe be used as a Sweet OR Savoury Option, depending on what your taste-buds demand. To this basic recipe, I have many a times just upped the sugar levels and made those simple yet sweetly divine Cheelas, Just like my Mum used too?.
The “Cake” bit in today’s post, actually is just a different serving option, and can be done with any fillings of choice, be it a simple roll up or as extravagant as you want it to be.
Hope you all do give my recipe a try and looking forward to all your comments and interactions below.
? Foodeva Marsay ?
Author: Foodeva Marsay/Marriam Sayed
1 and 1/2 cup milk
1 Cup Cake Flour
Pinch of Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
3 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Tablespoon Melted Butter
* Whisk well the milk and eggs
* Add the sugar and continue whisking
* Add the Sifted dry Ingredients and whisk well to break up lumps
* Lastly whisk in the melted butter until a smooth batter forms
Serving Option for Pancake Cake :
* When all the pancakes are ready, stack together using 1-2 Teaspoon Nutella, heated gently to make spreading easier.
* decorate with fresh fruits, I used Strawberries and Banana, drizzled with a little more Nutella and a dusting of Icing Sugar.