I’m Marriam Essa-Sayed, a proudly South African Muslim.
“Foodeva Marsay” is my ‘Lifestyle Blog’, with which I “Aspire to Inspire” for the pleasure of my Creator above. A simple to understand blog which entails a fusion of my many passions in life.
You will find “Foodeva Marsay” dotted with my inspiring recipes , as well as some of my Travels, Reviews and Photography.
I look forward to, and appreciate, any feedback. I can be reached on the contact details provided or via the social media link ups to me.
Greek Salad is a delightfully light and fresh salad. Some may claim best enjoyed in Summer but for me personally I love it anytime of the year?
Simple Ingredients with Major Taste Satisfaction of this salad, all boils down to it’s rather easy to prepare Vinaigrette. Throw together the salad ingredients, amounts to liking, Chopped Cucumbers, halved/sliced tomatoes, Slices of Red Onions, sliced Bell Peppers, Olives and Feta. I like to add on Lettuce but this is totally optional.
This is my Greek Vinaigrette dressing that takes just moments to whisk up, Be Prepared to say GOODBYE to store bought variants?. I usually make just enough for 2-3 small salad servings, but you may Double or Triple the recipe to make a larger batch, which can be refrigerated.
So what are you waiting for…
Whisk Away my Lovelies
Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
Author : Foodeva Marsay
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Paste
1 Tablespoon Vinegar
1 teaspoon Mustard Sauce
1/4 teaspoon Honey
1 teaspoon Dried Origanum Herb
Salt and Black Pepper (1/4 teaspoon Or to taste)
• Whisk all ingredients together well using a Balloon whisk.
• Salad dressing is ready to Use.
✏Personal Notes by Foodeva Marsay✏
• If no Lettuce is being used in your salad, you can Drizzle the dressing onto salad Ingredients, 30 minutes before serving, toss and allow to the flavours to develop in salad.
• If Lettuce is being used you can top the above salad ingredients onto a bed of lettuce a few minutes before serving and toss.
• A regular Vegetable Oil may be used as well instead of Olive Oil
• You can also use Dijon Mustard instead of the mustard sauce.